Paid Advertisement In Marketing
The importance of paid advertisement
Paid Advertisement considered to be the in the core of any marketing campaign. It is the usually used tool to increase a product or a company’s visibility. The online area makes no exception to this. However, in order to maximize your money’s worth, simply buying some ads space isn’t going to cut it. A marketing specialist that deals with the paid advertising domain, shows his true skills by:
- Generating higher incomes through pay-per-click ads on the site, while making sure that the ROI rate for the ads that lead to your site is at its peak.
- Ensuring that the potential customers which reach your website are those who are truly interested in purchasing.
- Making sure that the creative content is relevant for users visiting the website, to avoid a high bounce rate.
Specifics of the Arabic market Paid Advertisement
There are three major issues to look out for, if deciding to go for an online paid advertising campaign. Tending to the peculiarities of this market is the fundament of any successful marketing strategy in this area.
The Arabic market refers to a wide surface, with different religious and cultural backgrounds, each being guided by various group psychologies and responding to different sorts of stimuli. There are three main zones that the Arabic world is divided into, based on a high number of similarities of their consumers’ behavior:
- The Gulf: the wealthiest of markets, due to all the oil fields in the area, is also characterized by a wide affinity towards Western products and civilization.
- The Levant: home of some of the most interesting cultures of the Middle East, having a strong appetite for anything pertaining to the West, Lebanon and Jordan being representative in this scenario.
- North Africa: hosts the largest Arabic community and is also closer to the Western values, standing on opposite shores of the Mediterranean Sea. It’s characterized by a large spread of urban centers, widespread Internet and increasing importance of smartphones.
The conversion rate issue
Arabic users haven’t really developed a clear understanding of the way search engines return results. Some of them are still learning and being still a novelty for most of them, they are prone to creating a statistical anomaly: the majority clicks on the first link on top of the search list, without taking into account that it’s most likely a paid position. This highly diminishes the value of the success that a targeted audience strategy should have.
There is also the problem of the language used in paid campaigns. Optimally, it should be Arabic, used by a native speaker. However, at this point, it would be better to use a combination between the top three most used languages in this area: English, French and Arabic. Surely, creating competitive content in this case is so much harder. Perhaps a focus on transmitting the same idea is more important than trying to use the same words, as sometimes, the subtleties of the expressions in some languages, could lose its meaning when taken out of a specific cultural context.
The services provided in this domain
Paid Advertisement keeps track of the difficulties mentioned above, our service can help a business surpass them by using the following key ideas:
- We can help profit of the fact that the competition for online ad space is at an incredible low, meaning more visibility with less money invested.
- It’s important to be targeting and splitting the budget differently than in the case of Western markets. Different tools for keeping track of the conversion rate must be used, depending on the fact that the most active time of day is in the evening, for example. Also, some countries count as weekends Friday and Saturday, opposed to how the Westerners see things.
- Any PPC campaign needs to profit of the smartphone mania that took over this part of the world, adapting the website and the paid ads to the mobile version. Also, make sure to include the option for localized searches, as many users from this area are fond of the proximity advantage, favoring those products that appear to be in their immediate vicinity
- Increased clarity of the message in the ad copy, thus trying to minimize the potential negative outcomes given the occurrence debated above, pertaining to the psychology of Arabic users to click on ads without having a clear intention of actually purchasing anything. Surely, up to a point, it’s a good thing to have a larger number of potential customers on the site. However, a maximization of the return on investment rate needs to take this subtle aspect into account and distinguish between the two typologies of customers: the shoppers and the unwanted voyeurs.
- Dealing with the conundrum created by the Arabic language use, by paying attention to the correct use of keywords in both Arabic and any other of the languages used for targeting specific customers.
Paid advertisement service is an important tool that has a special place in every marketing specialist’s strategy. There is high potential in attracting paying customers towards your site using this means of advertising. However, simply handing out money and waiting for the results is not a realistic expectation. There are many aspects to consider when establishing the filters to use, the customer’s area to target and the way to convey the desired information across. That is precisely the reason why a professional is needed to handle this part of the business. And when talking about the Arabic market’s intricacies, the need for a specialist becomes even more visible.