Overview on the Arabic market
Marketing Analytics takes a hard look at what this market looks like from the companies’ point of view, even if it’s a multinational conglomerate or a new and eager start-up. We should analyze some of its components, trying to put some order in its quirks and defining characteristics. This way we’ll reveal the reasons why, for this part of the world, a marketing campaign must look different than we’re used to when talking about companies from other cultures.
The main idea is that the Arabic market is becoming more and more attractive, due to a number of factors that we’ll see below:
- First of all, the demographic structure of the Arabic population, sees a majority of youngsters, with a low age average.
- The numerous young people explain the increase in Internet usage, the growth in technology development, especially focused on smartphones, and the social media frenzy that the regions encountered in the latter years.
- Most of these countries are still known for the low taxes, at least comparing to their partners from Western countries.
- A separate attention is given to the Gulf, with way above average incomes, perceived as a perfect outlet for luxury products. They are also more open-minded to the Western civilization, thus making it also the first place to start when beginning a campaign on a targeted market.
- It’s a proven fact that in this market, brands are hold in high regards. The more important the name of the brand, the higher the importance attributed to the one wearing or using it.
- As a final peculiarity, cosmetics and fashion face a high demand all over the region, not centered in a specific area. This shows plenty about the set of mind and the interests of potential customers, creating the outline of a successful marketing strategy.
Arabic market issues
There are two issues to always keep in sight, when talking about the Middle East market and the consumers’ behavior, which stand out above anything else:
– A big part of being able to measure a campaign’s effectiveness and rate of success is dependent on the customers’ reactions. In the countries with a history in marketing and advertising, this can happen through focus groups’ reactions, different queries, or direct feedback. Unfortunately, these are hardly relevant when it comes to Arabic people. Perhaps based on a culture of politeness, proven fact is that they don’t offer direct and honest feedback. This means that reactions have to be obtained otherwise, indirectly. This makes the analytics part become far more important in an Arabic marketing strategy.
– Secondly, the whole mentality is brand oriented and not quite a favorable growth environment for start-ups. We are facing a lack of own standards, a normal development in a prejudgments-based society. It seems that what matters most is what the ones around you think than the advantages or benefits that a certain product or service brings along. They see it more as proof of their own advancement in the hierarchy, than as products which fulfill a specific need. It’s making the effectiveness of the sales strategy much more dependent on the advertising campaign and the message it sends across, than on the actual product’s specifications.
The importance of having a professional analysis on the marketing strategy
Having a general view on what marketing specialists are facing in the Arabic world, by Marketing Analytics we’re thinking of having the proper analytical tools is mandatory in succeeding according to plan. Our team helps business in various aspects, based on solving all the issues discussed before. This ultimately means an increase of the conversion rate, through different procedures, as follows:
- Dealing with the specifics of the Arabic market with the purpose of creating a customer marketing funnel that becomes relevant for the business.
- Finding out the customers’ profiles and creating the segmentation necessary for offering appropriate products and services.
- Discovering the consumers’ interests, keeping in mind that the traditional surveys aren’t going to work in this area.
- Planning which elements of the marketing to put accent on, in consistence with the numbers they return, analyzing the processes on a full scale, going from qualitative aspects to quantitative measurements of results.
- Using statistical data to quantify the success of some strategies in detriment of others, thus being able to take the tough business decisions. Those that underperform need to be cut loose and the freed budget can be used for trying new channels of getting the message across to the desired audience.
For some, a collection of numbers and statistics might seem as some fun facts, but irrelevant to a serious business. A professional marketing analytics service helps make sense and good use of these facts, turning them into significant data that our specialists use for creating efficient strategies and developing the business.